Any enterprises whose business involves factory operation,
Any enterprises whose business does not involve factory operation,
The following categories are open to both manufacturing and service industry sectors:
Enterprises that have implemented at least 1 environmental project between 1 January 2020 and 31 December 2020 and submitted the environmental project form will be granted the EcoPartner certificate and logo.
Enterprises that have implemented 3 or more environmental projects between 1 January 2020 and 31 December 2020 and completed the on-site assessment will be granted the EcoChallenger certificate and logo.
All applicants of EcoChallenger will be competing for the following awards:
Cash prize of HK$50,000 each
Cash prize of HK$20,000 each
Cash prize of HK$10,000 each
Cash prize of HK$20,000 each
Sustainable Business Award
All applicants can compete for the following awards:
Belt and Road Environmental Leadership
Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Bay Area
Environmental Leadership Recognition Award
- The "Belt" refers to economic and overland transport links across China to Central Asia and Europe while the "Road" is a network of maritime routes connecting regions through Chinese sea ports. For the list of Belt and Road countries, please refer to the link: https://www.yidaiyilu.gov.cn/info/iList.jsp?cat_id=10037&tm_id=69. https://www.yidaiyilu.gov.cn/info/iList.jsp?cat_id=10037&tm_id=69
- The GBA consists of Hong Kong, Macao, Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Zhuhai, Foshan, Zhongshan, Dongguan, Zhaoqing, Huizhou, and Jiangmen. The parent company, factory and subsidiary company of the applicant are considered eligible to participate in the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Bay Area Environmental Leadership Recognition Award.
Environmental projects can be classified into the following categories:
- Energy conservation
- Water management
- Waste reduction & reuse
- Recycling of resources
- Gas emissions
- Noise abatement
- Green management –
7a) Eco-design in products/service
7b) Cleaner production
7c) Green procurement
7e) Leadership involvement
- Green innovation
- Green Technology
- All participating enterprises and awardees will be entitled to use the respective logo on their marketing materials within a 1-year entitlement period
- Enterprises that have applied for the Awards for 3 or 5 consecutive years will be granted the 3 Years+ or 5 Years+ EcoPioneer logo respectively
- All participating enterprises of EcoChallenger will be provided with an assessment service by a professional assessment organisation
- Media coverage and exposure
Application and Judging Procedure
Belt and Road Environmental Leadership Recognition Award and
Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Bay Area Environmental Leadership Recognition Award
Any applicants with environmental projects carried out in ANY single region (e.g. Hong Kong), instead of all related locations, are eligible to enrol / eligible for enrolment. The two award winners are selected in accordance with the scope of application in environmental work and its positive impact brought to the respective region.
Submit the project form, and upload a Powerpoint file regarding the environmental projects in the region (PPT template is available on the Award website)
1) Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Bay Area Environmental Leadership Recognition Award - PPT Template
2) Belt and Road Environmental Leadership Recognition Award - PPT Template
Selected by the Special Award Judging Panel, shortlisted enterprises are invited to present in the Final Judging, and submit a video clip (optional) no longer than 5 minutes
Awardees attend the Award Presentation Ceremony and receive certificates
Judging Criteria (For EcoChallenger)
(For applications with more than 3 environmental projects, only the average score of the top 3 projects will be considered. Please click here to learn more about the definition of the judging criteria.)
Individual project aspect
Overall aspect – past environmental projects will also be counted
|Community Participation and Promotion in Environmental Protection||Score|
|Project Total Scores||100|
|* Extra Adjustment Scores||5|
* Extra adjustment scores are applicable on the final jduging meeting only. Judges shall apply the score to adjust the total scores after reconsidering the entire performance (including meeting presentation and submitted documents). The scores are not influential to the applicant in the stage of application.
Encouraging participating enterprises to promote eco-friendly culture to the fellows, enterprises will be awarded 2 bonus points (capped at 10 points) in on-site assessment for referring a first-time applicant under the Programme.
Participants of the following programmes will receive 1 bonus point (capped at 3 points) in on-site assessment:
- Awardees of Hong Kong Awards for Environmental Excellence or Hong Kong Green Organisation Certification
- Awardees of Hong Kong Green Awards
- Hong Kong Green Mark Certification Scheme
|Individual Project Aspect|
|Energy conservation and waste reduction – Energy efficiency, energy conservation, and the reduction in carbon emission achieved by the environmental projects|
|Innovation – Outperformance in the industry new environmental development in the industry and introduce innovative environmental-friendly concept(s), practice(s) or mechanism(s)|
|Green Technology – Leverage on academic research, technology and science to develop products, services or mechanisms that are capable of minimising energy consumption, waste or negative environmental impact|
|Positive impact on environment and industry – Environmental benefits of the projects and how they inspire environmental practices among other industry practitioners|
|Overall aspect - Past environmental projects will also be counted|
|Comprehensiveness – Referencing from past environmental projects for an cumulative review of the comprehensiveness and continuous efforts in environmental contribution|
|Management involvement – Involvement from the management and the positive impact of setting corporate-wide environmental policies|
|Sustainable development – The consideration of long-term and cumulative impact on the environment instead of temporary, one-time measures|
|Community Participation and Promotion in Environmental Protection|
|Innovation – Promoting new environmental concept(s) or practice(s) at community level|
|Comprehensiveness – The extensiveness of community-level promotions reviewed by the scope of the projects (including the groups and communities engaged)|
A subsidy will be granted to enterprises that fulfil the following criteria:
- A subsidy of HK$4,000 will be granted to the first 30 SME applicants participating in EcoChallenger
- A subsidy of HK$4,000 will be granted to the first 20 FHKI Members participating in EcoChallenger
Discount for the Hong Kong Green Mark Certification Scheme
Enterprises who took part in the Programme can enjoy a 50% off discount on the application fee for their first-time enrolment in the Hong Kong Green Mark Certification Scheme under FHKI (Enquiry hotline: (852) 2732 3188).
In case of any disputes about the subsidy for assessment fee, all decisions of the organiser shall be regarded as final. The assessment fee should first be settled with the assessment organisation before the completion of assessment. For on-site assessment to be conducted in Mainland China, the incurred transportation and accommodation expenses should be borne by the enterprise. If the assessment period exceeds one day, the enterprise should bear the additional assessment fee.
Any enterprises with a valid Business Registration in Hong Kong or Certificate of Taxation Registration in Pan-PRD region+ are eligible to apply.
+ The Pan-PRD region is made up of nine provinces including Guangdong, Fujian, Hunan, Guangxi, Hainan, Sichuan, Guizhou, Jiangxi and Yunnan as well as Hong Kong and Macao special administrative regions. The region is also known as “9+2”.
Definition of SME under the Awards:
|Number of persons employed|
|Manufacturing Sector||Services Sector|
|Hong Kong / Macao||<100 employees||<50 employees|
|Mainland China||<500 employees||<250 employees|
|The “number of persons employed” refers to all individual proprietors, partners and shareholders who are actively engaged in the operation of the company; and salaried employees of the company, including full-time or part-time personnel directly paid by the company, both permanent and temporary, at the time of submitting the applications.|
SME Award participating enterprise's parent company, affiliated company (if applicable) and itself should NOT be a listed company. (Ownership of a 50% of interest or more will be classified as an affiliated company.)
Application deadline is 30 November 2021 (Tuesday).
All applicants must submit the online application form on this Awards website. The environmental project form will be provided upon submission of the application form. Participating enterprises are required to return the completed form within the stated period. For EcoChallenger applicants, the assessment organisation will be in touch for further arrangements for the on-site assessment.
Notes: All information submitted will be kept confidential. FHKI reserves the right to amend the rules and regulations of the programme. In case of any disputes, all decisions made by FHKI shall be regarded as final.