BOCHK Corporate Environmental Leadership Awards 2021 Prize Presentation and 2022 Launching Ceremony
17 August 2022 (Wednesday)
BOCHK Corporate Environmental Leadership Awards 2021 Prize Presentation cum 2022 Launching Ceremony was successfully held on 17 August 2022 at HKCEC. The Ceremony was also one of the celebration events of the 25th anniversary of the establishment of the HKSAR, and nearly 600 guests attended.
The Ceremony was officiated by Guest of Honour Mr Joseph Chan, the Acting Secretary for Financial Services and the Treasury, together with Dr Sunny Chai, FHKI Chairman and Mr Wang Bing, BOCHK’s Deputy Chief Executive. During the Ceremony, the 2021 prizes were presented to outstanding enterprises, and the 2022 Award was officially launched.
A total of 823 enterprises participated in the Awards 2021 where 15 awards were presented, including Gold, Silver, Bronze and SME Awards from Manufacturing Sector and Services Sector respectively, “Belt and Road Environmental Leadership Recognition Award”, “Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area Environmental Leadership Recognition Award” and “Sustainable Business Award”.
Highlights of the Awards 2021:
⭐️ 823 enterprises participated in the Awards
⭐️ Over 250 enterprises joined the Awards for the first time
⭐️ Over 2,700 green projects accomplished by participating enterprises
- More than 278 million kWh of electricity consumption were reduced (equivalent to the annual consumption of 84,000 local three-person households)
- About 2.22 million cubic metres of water usage were saved (equivalent to the daily water consumption of 10.13 million Hong Kong citizens)
- 10.01 million tonnes of waste were reduced (equivalent to the weight of 1.43 million African elephants)
- Over 1.01 million tonnes of materials were recycled (equivalent to the weight of 67,914 unloaded double-decker buses)
- 293,000 tonnes of gas emissions were reduced (equivalent to carbon dioxide absorbed by 24.22 million trees per year).
To support the goals of the national and HKSAR Government to achieve carbon neutrality, the Awards will be upgraded to “BOCHK Corporate Low-Carbon Environmental Leadership Awards” in 2022. “Low-Carbon Commitment Logo” will be introduced to promote the low-carbon transformation. Moreover, the “Anti Epidemic Caring Award” is added to recognise enterprises for their significant contributions to fight against the epidemic.
The Awards 2022 is now open for application until 30 November, please click HERE to apply. For more details, please click HERE to read the Awards 2022 brochure.